John Bullbrook, English archaeologist and historian, came to Trinidad in 1913 as a petroleum geologist. He began his archaeological career in 1919, pioneering the search on the indigenous population of Trinidad. In the 1940s, he conducted extensive excavations in the Amerindian middens in Cedros, Erin and Palo Seco. He later became curator of the Royal Victoria Institute (now the National Museum). He died in 1967.
The collection contains correspondence with Yale University, 1941-1963; correspondence with a variety of persons on the subject of archaeology in the West Indies, 1917-1960; correspondence with the Historical Society of Trinidad and Tobago, 1939-1949; and correspondence with the Trinidad and Tobago Field Naturalists Club.
The collection was donated to The University of the West Indies by Carlisle Chang in October 2000.